Sunday, December 19, 2004

Secret Pal Revealed

Awesome goodies were awaiting me yesterday at the post office! My secret pal, Pam, sent me a bracelet, a spindle and a knitting calendar. Wow! Thank you so much, Pam! You really, really spoiled me. I'm sad to see the end of SPs, I had so much fun doing it. I probably won't be doing SP4, maybe the one after it though.

Actually, the package got here on Monday, but I didn't know about it until yesterday. The clerks forgot to put a notice in my box and then had the nerve to give me a nasty second-notice. It's now the second time this has happened and I'm quite annoyed with them.

I'm in denial that Christmas is only six days away. My house shows no signs of it's short arrival, except for a lonely wreath on my front door. There will be no tree this year, only a tabletop artificial with some bows stuck on it. This is so weird for me, usually by the first week in December I'm dancing around, giddy like a school girl. All of this strange phenomenon has to do with Royd not being here. It just doesn't feel like the holidays without him. I've tried to get Reilly excited in the hopes that it'll rub off, but he doesn't quite get it. All he knows is that presents are coming. The concept of Santa isn't quite sinking in. Next year.

Today's my birthday. I'm making a carrot cake to celebrate. Since Reilly has dairy allergies, I made him some cupcakes with some of the batter. I could have chosen a cake and icing that he could have eaten, but it's my day and my cake. Besides his birthdays in less that three weeks. I got an awesome present from my sister Laura. She sent me a gift certificate to Elann!!! Oh, the trouble I'm going to get into...

Actually, I haven't been knitting too much this week. My carpal tunnel is acting up very badly. Just doing one row sets my hands and arms on fire. I'll need to go to a doctor pretty soon in order to get a referral to a therapist. I can just hear my mom(an OT herself) saying "I told you so" right now. But all is not lost. I've spending my lost knitting time cleaning and organizing my house.

I'll leave you with the latest picture of Connor, sporting his booties and a hat I made him: