Sunday, April 29, 2007

Trapped

The kids have a stomach bug. Again. I'm trapped in the house and have to shampoo my carpets. Please send healthy thoughts our way!

~~~~~

Just so y'all don't think that it's just been spinning here, may I present a finished pair of socks!



Pattern: Scale Skin Socks (from the Six Socks Knitalong)
Yarn: Polynesian Pools from Mama-E's


These were a fun knit, but man did the second one drag. I made two modifications. Instead of swatching for gauge, I just casted on. Very soon I could see that they were too loose, so after ten repeats I switched to a smaller needle. Voila! Calf shaping! Then instead of continuing the pattern into the heel, I substitued with stockinette. Just a matter of preference.



Bad picture, bad coloring, but it shows the different pooling throughout the sock.



This is the most accurate shot of the colors.

Indeed there has been more spinning going on. This was finished up last week, but it's the first time I've had a chance to spend more than two minutes on the computer.



"Joshua Tree" South African Fine from Spunky Eclectic
194 yards, approx. 11 wpi



I achieved a nice tight twist as well as a fairly consistent thicker yarn. I see mittens in my future. In fact the yarn calls so loudly out to me, that I had to put it away so I don't cast on. I have to finish some other things first!

Two more rovings are being worked on, so I should be back later in the week with more handspun pretties for you.