Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Bright New Year

Happy New Years everyone! I can't believe it's here already yet I'm very happy to have it here. 2007 was a somewhat dark year for myself and 2008 only promises lovely things.

I finished a few more hats for the holidays. About a week before the big day I decided that all the boys need a new one under the tree so I quickly knit some up.

Earflap Snowflake Hat

Pattern: Norwegian Star Earflap Hat by Tiennie
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Coal and Mist

Player

Pattern: The Player
Yarn: Elann Highland Wool in Tuscan Green and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Natural

Karlchen I

Pattern: Karlchen (yes, another)
Yarn: handspun/hand dyed Columbia/Dorset in "Connor"


Koohaas Modeled

Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk in Hollyberry


This one is for me and it fits great! Please excuse the horrible photo since my husband had no patience for taking them.

I have one more hat on the needles, but haven't decided if I'm going to finish it or not. The pressure of packing is taking effect and have been spending some time ripping unfinished knits. I'd like to finish what I can before the movers come in two weeks and have nothing waiting for me when I unpack. Wishful thinking!

I've got to keep this post short, since I've got too much to do today. I received a wonderful birthday and Christmas present this year, so I'll have to unveil that later on.

Oh, and just wanted to let you know that everything in my shop is on sale. I kept meaning to let you know, but it's been crazy and I forget things easily. As a special for my blog readers, I'm offering an extra 5% off the already 10% sale plus free shipping over $60. Just include the code "blog5" in the comments to the seller when checking out and I'll send you an invoice with the correct price.