Monday, December 13, 2004

Three Weeks!?!

Honestly I can't believe it's been that long since I had a baby and last posted too. I'm not sure where the time is going. It seems that each day is a blur and before I know it, it's 9pm and time for all of us to hit the sack.

Royd left last Saturday morning to go back. Saying goodbye again was harder than I had thought it would be. I just keep telling myself that it's only 2-3 more months and he'll be back home for good. That is unless he gets extended, which we have yet to find out. His visit home couldn't have worked out better. We got to spend two days together before Connor was born, he witnessed his son's birth and then a week and a half to bond with him. Reilly really enjoyed having his dad home too and is now having some issues with him being gone again.

Thanks to a quick recovery from labor, we were able to go out and do things. Mostly we did alot of shopping for Christmas, both for us and for his guys. My poor, poor credit cards!

One day we all headed down to the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) with my in-laws. There were all these vendors set up in the cutest little outdoor buildings. They have a name, but it eludes me right now. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without, but Royd spent some serious euros on Gluhwein (spiced hot wine). We now have quite the collection of mugs that it was served in. You pay a deposit for the mug and can either return it and get your money back or keep it. There was also a pen with some goats in it and Reilly had a blast feeding them. Of course the day wouldn't have been complete without a stop at the bakery and loading up on some yummy treats. Can I say yummy again?

I have gotten a little knitting done. I've been working on these socks. They were intended for me, but turned out a little too tight, so I'll end up giving them to my mom.


I also started on Mariah from the latest issue of Knitty. I'm about half way through the first sleeve. I had been going through all of my patterns looking for a cabled sweater and then I saw this. It's perfect. I love hoodies and the cable isn't so complicated that I'll get tired of it before completion.

Also I wanted to show what my friend Jean sent me. Aren't they just the cutest little booties? She also sent Reilly a book that he very much enjoyed. Thank you, Jean, you're awesome!