Monday, August 20, 2007

Three

Handspun Knee Highs 2

Pattern: Worsted Weight Knee Highs, my own making
Yarn: handspun "Flapper" Merino from The Yarn Wench

Handspun Knee Highs 1

I've been wanting a pair of knee highs for quite awhile now. I tried with my last pair of socks, but that didn't work out so I dragged this yarn out and gave it a try. I think they turned out wonderful, though I may have to reinforce the cuff with some elastic thread. They feel just a bit loose, but we'll see how they wear. I'm sure they'll keep my legs nice and warm once it gets cold and I have to walk the eldest to school.

As the title may have suggested, today is officially my third anniversary blogging. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! I originally had started this blog because I was bored out of my mind and needed something to do. Royd had just left for his last deployment and I didn't know anybody. The online companionship I found really helped through a difficult time.

This deployment however has been entirely different. I'm sure many of my regular readers may have noticed my lack of enthusiasm. I sit down to the computer armed with pictures and stories to tell, but for whatever reason the words just don't come. The next two months may or may not be any better. He's now been gone for over a year and it's really starting to take it's toll. But on the brighter side of things, Reilly will be entering Kindergarten in two weeks and I will have more time to do other things. Maybe my mood will brighten with him out of the house every day.

Long story short, I want to thank everyone that visits my little corner of the internet. I've made some fantastic online and real friends out of this. Thank you!!!

So, what's a celebration without a giveaway? (Although this will be my first time celebrating, but whatever) How about some handspun yarn, spun especially for ya'll.

Greek Isles

Here's the skinny. Just guess how many yards are in this hank(oh, it's superwash merino btw) and the closest one wins! I'll leave the contest open until midnight Friday EST.

Greek Isles 2

Good luck!