Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hello There!

Despite what many may have thought, I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. I guess I just needed a bit of a break from the blog. My husband came home in October (yay!) and it's been quite an adjustment. After being the only parent for fifteen months, having another one in the house is both a blessing and a challenge. My personal life was turned upside down and I needed some time to let things settle in.

I've been keeping busy with planning a move back to the States and lots of family time. In the spare moments I've been knitting on Christmas presents, dyeing a bunch and spinning a bit. Most of the gifts are in their last stages and will be given a proper photo shoot once all the ends have been tucked in. You see what I've dyeing in my Etsy shop, with more on it's way.

I finally got myself together yesterday and spend quite a few hours rewinding skeins and counting yardages on all the yarns I've spun in the past few months. For whatever the reason, I'd gotten out of the habit of doing it immediately after they were dry from their bath. Perhaps I've learned my lesson...

Spinning Backlog


You can see detailed info in my spinning Flickr set (click the picture to get there). Happy knitting and spinning everyone!