Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Proof I Still Knit

OMG. I finally got my invitation to Ravelry. Guess where I've been spending all my free time? Feel free to stop on by and say "hi". Make me feel like I didn't just waste an entire weekend. Oh yeah, my username is "knittinmama".

So, before I got sucked in to that black hole, I had been knitting. I'm still not back to where I was before I lost my mojo, but it's a decent amount. During my daytime free time (the little there is) I work on my knitting. After the boys go to bed, it's all about the spinning. I think it's a nice compromise and I get progress on both.

I thought I'd give y'all a break from the handspun for one post and just introduce you to my latest projects.



These are handpun socks for another holiday gift. I almost sized them for myself, but I just finished a pair in these colors, so to the gift basket they go. See all those color combinations? All that is from just three colors. They're moving along nicely too, thanks to myself being highly entertained by the color changes. Too much fun!



Okay, these have been in the works for three weeks now and aren't seeing much action. I'm just not in the stranded colorwork mode right now. I figure if I can knit a few rounds a week until I do feel it, I'll be fine. The pattern is Bird Foot, from Red Bird Knits. She has some amazing patterns and I bought a few to have in the event of a colorwork frenzy.



This, I'm not so sure about. It's suppose to be turning into the Lace Edged T-Shirt in Knitpicks Cotlin. Frankly, now that I'm past the lace it's a straight boring knit. Not even waist shaping to have to look forward to. Just thirteen inches of stockinette in the round until I start the sleeves. Usually I relish these types of knits, but not right now.

For anyone who's been keeping track or wanting to know, here's the lowdown on those other projects that are lingering.

1. Saffy needs to be redone. I need a smaller size. Yay!
2. Gathering Intentions is on hold until cooler weather or I need a cable fix.
3. Cable Down Raglan is getting ripped. Unflattering to say the least.
4. Green Gable (never mentioned here before) needs major surgery. Details another day?
5. The gloves are waiting for fingers.

Naptime is quickly approaching and I have plans to curl up on the couch. It's raining and dinner's already cooked, so I'm going to make the most of it.

*One more thing, if anyone needs to contact me, my email has changed. Just substitute the Hotmail with Yahoo.*