Friday, November 12, 2004

Waiting Games

I hate waiting. It makes me anxious. I can't sit down or concentrate on anything. Instead I feel the urge to get up and do things to try to take my mind elsewhere. But that's the last thing I need to do.

What am I waiting for, you ask?

First, my husband to get home. They keep changing his arrival date and it's driving me crazy. Understandably he's in a place where life itself changes everyday. The rational side of me says it's okay-he'll be home when he can, it's out of his control. The emotional side of me is screaming that I just want him here. Granted he wasn't suppose to be coming home so soon, but now that it's so close, I'm positively antsy.

Second, I had another OB appointment today. She asked if I wanted to be checked for progress and also warned me that she could not predict whether labor was emminent or not. I of course had to know. Well, she quickly changed her mind. Based on how far along I was last week to this week, I'm progressing very fast. She honestly believes that the baby will be here soon-within the weekend. Not what I wanted to hear. My FIL isn't here yet! So, I spent the rest of the day getting all of my emergency people notified. I think I'm set. Now, I'm just making sure everything in the house is set, the hospital bag is at a go and anything else I can think of. I need to be sitting down and relaxing-trying to enjoy this lull before the hurricane. I just can't seem to. Urghhh...