Monday, January 22, 2007

A Little Something

Sometimes you just need a quick, yet highly satifsfying project. Hence my latest FO.


Pattern: Norwegian Star Hat from Hats On!
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, Natural and Mist
Time to knit: 3 days



No blocking required!



It fits perfect too!



Anyone have any ideas to minimize the jog between rounds? This is my only complaint about the hat, but it's really quite small.

Seeing that I can make my stitches in colorwork look all neat and pretty, I've decided to rip out Anemoi and redo them. I discovered that I just need to slow down and enjoy the process of each stitch instead of wanting to see the pattern emerge faster.

I also have been squeezing some spinning time into each day. I took the Optim off the wheel since it was seriously slow going. I wanted fiber that would not require too much work and allow me to relax. I pulled out the roving I had previously mentioned and am having a blast.



Isn't it just lovely? It's called Plum Honey and the colors are entertaining me way more than they should.



Well okay, I've wasted enough time this morning. I really need to get back to the cleaning. Royd's R&R is suppose to start this weekend or next week and I've got a million things to do before he gets here. If I don't post again this week, I'll be back in a few. Have a great week everyone!