Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Got Nothin'

So, who wants to bet that y,all thought I'd have either a pair of mittens or a sweater to show today?

Well, neither is going to happen. First, after I had finished the first of Anemoi, I had put them aside. I had really wanted to finish Arwen. I was so good too! For five days I worked on nothing else and was content. Ecstatic actually at the prospect of a new sweater to wear. I got as far as needing to start the left side of the hood and something happened: our President.

Okay, usually I don't get political and air my opinions of things on this blog. But this situation really upsets me. I won't get into it, but let's leave it at this: I'm pissed.

So pissed, that I couldn't find the energy to knit. Yeah, it takes alot since knitting is my stress relief. After a couple days I felt better and wanted to pick up the needles again. By this time though I had no desire to work on Arwen. Or Anemoi. Or anything else I've got languishing.


So, this is what I've been doing instead. Lots of swatching.

Here's the rundown:

1. Two top reds--Valley Meadows Superwash. I'd casted on for Lucy in the Sky with another yarn but didn't like how it was looking in that color. Riiip. I dug this out and thought it was perfect. Wrong! I can't get row gauge. Sure, an easy fix but after about a ball of yarn it was clear I was going to run out of yarn. Riiip!

2. Purple Irish Wool. Just playing with an idea of a Zimmerman Norwegian sweater. Now that I've got the gauge, I can look at other colors and daydream.

3. Green Highland wool. This used to be the Ribby Cardi. Now, it could possibly be Ariann.

4. Ecru Rowan Denim. This could be Saffy.

SO.... I can't decide. I really want to do Lucy because the sweater is completely me. It's the type of sweater I would buy at the store and wear until it was falling apart. I hear y'all saying "Go buy more yarn!"

Recent examination of the stash reveals 16 sweaters worth of yarn. Hmm. I may have a problem. No more yarn purchases. *sigh*

Dear readers, this is where you come in. What should I work on? Ariann or Saffy? Both are ready and waiting your input. I really can't decide!