Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy Roving

Why yes, that is a new template. I really like how it looks, but I'm still tweaking it. I appear to have a problem with the coding in the comments section. They show up incomplete, but are right when you click on the "post a comment" link. Anyone know how to fix this? This is way beyond my HTML knowledge.


Although I did not sign up for Dye-o-Rama, I have been following enthusiastically. I just love seeing all the beautiful colors everyone has been creating and it's been very hard to just sit back and watch. I've begun investingating sources for yarn and which dyes would be best for me. I'm leaning towards WashFast Acid Dyes but have yet to order any. My itch came to a head yesterday when I just had to play. This is what I came up with using Koolaid.


Ice Blue Lemonade, Orange, Lemonade and Artic Green Apple



Grape, Lemonade, Strawberry, Black Cherry and Coral (lemonade and strawberry)



Blue and Red Wilton dyes mixed to make purple

The Wilton dyes broke in the bath which surprisingly turned green. Thankfully, I was dyeing this to go with some previously dyed purple and green roving. I love happy mistakes!