Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Weirdness In the Eye of the Beholder

When Keri tagged me, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. Heck, Royd is constantly telling me that I'm weird. Then I sat down to write this post and was stumped. Suddenly things that seemed weird before, seemed a little mundane and some a bit more neurotic. How much of my craziness was I going to let be aired in cyberspace for everyone to see?

Well, after some deliberation here's my five things:

1. I must have chocolate every night. I used to think it was just something sweet, but realized that after I stopped buying the stuff that it must be part of my dessert. I really don't care in what form (pudding, cookies, bar, cake, brownies) but it has to overpower whatever its in. Yum.

2. I cannot stand to be licked. I have two cats that just love to hop into bed everynight with me. Inevitably one of them will start in and it sends the heebie jeebies all over my skin. It's worse on the face.

3. I hate calling people on the phone. I would rather go without knitting for a day than pick up the phone and talk to a stranger. Unfortunately I can't do everything on the internet, so it's something I have to suck up. Seriously, it takes me about a half hour before I'll actually dial the number just to make a stupid checkup for one of the kids and Royd always calls the pizzaman.

4. I stash more than yarn. Favorite styles of t-shirts, bandaids and cleaning supplies are a few. The worst is my pantry. I really don't know where I get it from, but I keep enough food in the house to feed the family for at least a month. It's not just regular day to day food either, I've got the makings for a party or two as well. Stashing IS a sickness people.

5. I cannot stand to have dirt on my feet. Of course when I'm outside it doesn't bother me, but inside it drives me bonkers. Well, with two kids that breed crumbs, it's hard to keep the floors nice and clean. That's why I vacuum every day, if not twice, and I use it on everything. Sweeping always leaves dirt that I'll feel afterwards. A day that I don't means I really don't feel good.

So there you have it, my little piece of craziness. I'd love to see what everyone else has to say about themselves. You're all it!