Friday, September 29, 2006

Behind

What a week! It's just been one of those, a million things to do and just not enough time to complete everything. If I owe you an email, I'm sorry, I'll get to it. Eventually.

My sister comes to visit on Sunday. So on top of it being a hectic, I've got massive amounts of cleaning to do. There are things that I haven't gotten around to since Royd deployed so I'm using this as an opportunity to get them done. It's amazing how far behind I've gotten. Those few hours that he would be home a day really help!

I do, however, have something to show you:




Pattern: Asymmetrical Cable Hat from One Skein
Yarn: Knitpicks Sierra in Cranberry


This lonely skein was bought to swatch and test durability. I'm thinking of using it in a sweater for myself and needed to see if it would be a good choice. You just can't beat those prices, but sometimes I'm not quite happy with the yarn itself.

Anyway, I saw the hat in the book and knew it would be perfect. He needed a new hat as it is. I had to make a few modifications based on that I refused to use the needles that I got gauge on. My only 8 mms are plastic and I hate them. So I opted to use the bamboo 7.5s instead. I casted on three extra stitches for his size and then did a 10 row repeat instead of a 8 so that the cables weren't all smooshed.

What should have been a nice one day project took me two day and that's all I worked on. I haven't touched the stole or any of the other poor neglected projects. I don't see much progress until next week either.

Okay, back to cleaning and errands. Have a wonderful weekend!