Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Stalled

I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I'm having a very hard time completing anything. I have a pile of knits that need to be finished, but for whatever reason I can't seem to pick them up.

1. Mariah from last winter still needs a blocking and a zipper.
2. The Manly Sweater needs to be ripped to the start of the neck shaping and redone.
3. Hero needs the shoulder shaping reknit due to my inability to count.
4. Scoop du Jour wants a button band and a seaming.
5. The Latvian Lace socks are awaiting the recipients measurements. Ok, that's not my fault.
6. The red cabled socks are awaiting a decision as to whether reknit in another yarn or forge ahead. Details another day?
7. Lastly there's PotW. After sitting on it for a week, I did finally manage to pick up all those stitches and am about to start the edging.

Ok, I know some of you may think it's not all that bad, but they're all weighing on my conscience quite heavily. The holidays are fast approaching, there's baby knits to get started on (they won't wait for something warm before making their debut) and plus it's getting cold! Reilly and I would really like to wear some nice sweaters.

Does anyone else do this? Get to a certain point that requires a little thinking or effort and stop?

I did manage to finish one thing though:



Yes, I realize that in every single picture the socks have appeared to be a different color. They do this in real life, not just in the camera. I gave up trying to get what I thought was the truest color.

Then since I can't commit to anything, I started a new pair of socks:

This is one of the yarns I picked up the other day in a new to me LYS. Depending upon my mood, I either love the funkiness of them or I completely hate them. I'm forging ahead mostly because I need the solace that only stockinette in the round can give me.


This??? I couldn't resist the call of the new fiber that landed in my house. It's superwash merino from Crown Mountain Farms in the Good Vibrations colorway. Mmm... I love this stuff. It's very easy to spin and so soft; I see myself buying more in the future.