Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Progress? What progress?

One would think that since it's been four days since my last post, I'd have something fabulous to show off. Nope. Sorry.

I have done some knitting, a bit of spinning and a whole lot of cleaning. The house never quite recovered from my last bout of sickness. Saturday I took one look at all of it and dove in. Since the hubster is expected any time now, I wanted to get it to look it's best. Don't get me wrong, he does not expect it clean. Quite the opposite-he loves a messy house. That means he can be messy and I can't nag. I don't think so deary, there'll be none of that. The apartment looks alot better now. Granted there are still some things to be done, but I'm not too stressed about it.

I managed to finish the major knitting of the cowl sweater yesterday. I have to remember to block it tonight before bed. I'm not allowed to block during the day since Reilly seems to think it great fun to rearrange the pieces. I also have started the seaming of Connor's sweater. Key word is started. I really don't enjoy the finishing process all that much. I'd much rather knit. So, we'll see when it gets done. Another sweater has been started, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it, so maybe we'll talk about that another day.

Spinning has proven to be a challenge to squeeze into my day. I gave up trying to do it while Reilly's awake. Between him and the cats grabbing at it, I spent more time chasing and shooing than spinning. I did take the first yarn I spun off and set the twist. Ugh. Gastly. I spun it way too tight to be useful as a single. Live and learn. So now I'm practicing at a slightly looser twist and keeping the yarn consistent. Hopefully I'll have something usable out of this.

Since I had nothing really to show except some boring pieces of stockinette, I'll leave you with the latest picture of Connor.