Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's a Girl!!!

Congratulations to my Uncle Rich and his wife Lorrie. They just adopted this beautiful girl. I am so thrilled for them; they've been wanting children for years. I don't know all the specifics, but I pretty sure that they've been trying since I was a kid.

So, now, what to make for her? I've been having a blast the past week pouring over hundreds of patterns. Since I've only had the pleasure to knit for little boys as of yet, knitting for a girl gets me very excited. I'm allowed to use pink, purple and peach! Woot!

Other than a pair of socks that I'm currently knitting myself, I've deemed that the next two weeks will be committed to finishing and charity knitting. My knitting basket, which now consumes the entire table it's on, needs a serious emptying. Let's just hope that I do not get distracted by some other "urgent" knit.