Monday, March 13, 2006

UFO #1

Pattern: Mittens from Knitters Handy Book of Patterns

Yarn: Woolease

Here is my first finished UFO for Kimberly's Lent Along. I started these as a present two Christmas' ago. All that needed to be done were the thumbs. Seriously, how hard is that? It only took me 15 minutes, including weaving in the ends! I've put them into the Charity Pile to be sent off later this month. Now I'm not sure what I'll tackle next.

I do believe that my interest in socks has been rekindled. Working on the ill-fated Koigu socks last week left me wanting more. I was craving rounds and rounds of knit stitches. That lead to these:

The color is the Flamingo colorway, but for some reason they remind me more of Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. I'd blame it on cravings, but there hasn't been any lately. I started the second last night in hopes of defeating SSS, but I'm seeing that that might be a problem.


That's because these little beauties showed up in the hands of Kathleen last night. Yum, I love me some Trekking! It was kinda funny because I had been telling her how much I had paid for some from the States. Ordinarily I wouldn't have done it, but I was already buying and just really wanted some more. Well, she was at the yarn store that carries it and got it for me. Anyway, it's about half the price that I paid! Thanks babe, can't wait for our next yarn crawl!

In all honesty, I don't see much progress on Mariah happening until next week. Royd gets home in two days and I've got a million things to do until then. Good thing that socks are the perfect project to work on in between things!