Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bad Knitting

This week's knitting progress has been pretty much fruitless. Problems keep popping up and I'm unhappy about it.

When I had measured Mariah's hood earlier this week, apparently I can't. After a whole day of chugging away on it, I only managed to get about 6 inches done with about 4 to go. For some reason I'm having a hard time picking it up now.

The Gentleman's Fancy Sock is being fussy. Or perhaps it's my foot. Once I got past the gussets I tried it on and it's really tight. Granted my feet are a bit swollen right now and perhaps I should just put them down for a few weeks. Once the baby's born and the swelling goes down I can get a better sense of whether I have to rip or not. I really hope not.

Reilly's been bugging me about a blue hat for months now. I picked up the yarn on Sunday and casted on last night. I swatched, honest! It lied. He tried it on this morning and although it "fits", there's no room to grow. Since he'll only get maybe one or two wears this season, it really needs wiggle room. Rrrrriiiiiipp...

The yarn for my sock pal just shipped yesterday (ordered two weeks ago) so I'm starting to feel the crunch. Yikes! I did receive the Highland Wool from Elann. Both colors were alittle bit off, despite me having a color card but I still like them. I'm dying to start either Ribby or the Manly Sweater but can't bring myself to start another sweater before Mariah is closer to being finished.

Honestly, I don't think that the knitting is all that bad, I'm just in a bit of a slump personally. The baby is due in less than two weeks. I want it out now. It's gotten to that stage where every little movement hurts and it's just a PITA to do anything. I don't care that we don't have a name picked out yet or that the baby's room is still covered with boxes of yarn. Or that everyday he stays inside means a relatively full nights sleep for me.

Maybe I just need a nap. Or a latte with a big bar of chocolate. Yum.