Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Friday

Yet another busy week just flew by. I have no idea where it went, but I'd like it back. Not even a quarter of what I had planned on doing got done. A good chunk of it was spent pulling Marc off of chairs, low tables and beds. That boy really likes to climb!

Somewhere in the midst of the chaos that reigns in my house, I finished up the socks I was working on.




Yarn: Handspun BFL dyed in purple and teal
Pattern: Plain Vanillas on 60 stitches



I'm sure they'll make the intended receiver very happy come December. I'm bound and determined to get as many gifts done now while I have time. Once the season starts, I won't have much time to be doing these things. Instead, I'll be getting ready for a move. I can't wait.




Fiber: Merino in my own "Melons and Banana" plied with white
Specs: bulky weight, 148 yards, about 3 1/2 oz.



Fiber: "Strawberry Fields" Corriedale from the Spunky Club
Specs: about 70 yards, super bulky, navajo plied



Fiber: "Chocolate Cover Cherries" Targhee wool from Susan's Spinning Bunny
Specs: 404 yards, 14 wpi, about sport weight



I did a bit of dyeing last weekend. I had mixed up some dyes, but didn't have jars to store them in and I felt bad just throwing them out. So, I grabbed some yarn that was just sitting there waiting for me to do something with them. I'm really happy with how they turned out.

It's dinnertime, so I have to go cook now. The rest of my evening will be spent reading the new issue of Spin-Off. In case you don't subscribe, it's got some great articles this time on yarn finishing and how to seperate your handpainted rovings to get the affect you're after.