Friday, August 27, 2004

Attempted Koolaid


Koolaid Posted by Hello

This was my attempt at koolaid. Once it dries I'll take another pic. The color turned out a little shallower than I wanted, but it's very pretty. I think I'll end up using it for something for the baby. I ended up using a 80 wool/ 10 angora/ 10 acrylic blend. Couldn't find a 100% wool blend that was light enough or cheap enough to use. Also picked up some white sock yarn to try. I'm thinking of pinks and reds. That'll be a project for this weekend.


Finished Socks Posted by Hello

Yeah! Pretty comfy socks are done! While I was downtown looking for wool, I found more Regia Stretch and they're such a pretty color. Of course, I had to get it. Came home and while my yarn was soaking in it's blue bath, I casted on and am in love already. Never thought I'd love doing socks, the first pair being so frustrating and all.


Swatch Posted by Hello

Also swatched the Gedifra Dandy last night. I'm not sure about the color. I think it's a bit too much for me. Maybe if dyeing goes well, this will be something else I dye. The viscous strand around the wool would remain colorful, but that would be cool I think.

And I couldn't resist another survey:


You are Shetland Wool.
You are Shetland Wool.
You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a
little on the harsh side. Though you look
delicate you are tough as nails and prone to
intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are
widely respected and even revered.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Oh, I think that pretty close.