Thursday, August 26, 2004

Kool Aid

I signed up for the KoolAid Along the other day. But I haven't any wool I'd like to play with! Went through the stash and I already love the colors I have. Did find some blends that might be interesting to play with. So, now I'm on a hunt for wool. I stopped at the thrift store to see if they had any sweaters I could frog, but all they had were acrylic. I guess tomorrow I'll go back downtown and look for some that isn't too expensive. That way if I hate how it turns out, I didn't waste alot of money.

As far as knitting goes, I'm halfway through my socks. During naptime I'll try to get the heels done so there aren't any distractions. My sweater is progressing, but slowly. Working two sleeves at a time seems to take forever!

Just got off the phone with Royd-was actually surprised to hear from him. We talked about him getting out after this tour. He's realized that missing so much with his children isn't worth it. We're still thinking of trying to go back to Georgia for Drill school just so that we have some time back in the states before we both venture back into the real world. Well, I guess we have time for that, since we just got here.

Will get some pics up when it stops raining and I can take the digital outside.