Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Cabaret Raglan

So, here is my latest endeavor. It's Cabaret Raglan from Interweave Summer '04. Last night I was playing around with various yarns for different patterns. After I saw how beautiful this yarn (Luzerne from Rodel) worked up, I knew I had a winner. Although the pattern calls for a lightweight cotton tape, I wanted something a bit heavier for the winter. Well, before I knew it, I had casted on and was going full speed. I've had to adjust the hem to prevent curling, but I'm pleased with how it looks.

This is how the yarn looks worked up. This is the stuff I picked up a few weeks ago. Although it is 60% acrylic and 40% wool, it is an absolute pleasure to work with. The yarn itself mimics lopi in it's spin and feel. I just love the subtle variations in the red. I think that I'll do the front first this time, just to see how the detailing works out. My only concern is that it will appear too bulky. That way, if it looks bad I'll just frog it and do something else.

I was looking at my latest issue of Knitters and actually found some potentials. There are two that I really like. One would require adjustments so that it would fit. So, I probably won't get around to that, but the other is a definite maybe. Now I'm glad I subscribed-usually most of their patterns are just not me at all.

Oh, there's so many patterns I want to do! And not enough time. I know that my days of mindless knitting are numbered. Babies do that.