Friday, September 03, 2004

Secret Pals

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I wish. However, the budget usually ends up winning. I try to buy the best quality I can afford, but when it comes to the kids stuff, i'll use acrylic.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I can crochet, but never got into it.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No, but strong perfumes drive me crazy
4. How long have you been knitting?
about 2 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I do have a fantasy wish list in the sidebar
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
citrus scents
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
HUGE
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
none, but am experimenting with sewing and embroidery
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
Mostly country, but will listen to pretty much anything
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
fall colors,(reds, browns, greens) black and the occasional pastels
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married, little boy, expecting another, two kitties
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Win the lottery and buy a small homestead (with sheep, of course)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
ELs' Silky Wool, pretty much anything soft
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
furry novelties, super harsh wool
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
small quick projects
17. What are you knitting right now?
two sweaters, socks, presents
18. What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiousity question for us)
going to make one, primarily for ease of breastfeeding
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
circular, except for socks
20. How did you learn to knit?
out of a leisure arts book
21. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmm.... I think it's a blanket that needs to be frogged from over a year ago



The baby sweater is done!!! I used a darker colored yarn to do the trim. As I was looking at it, it was just screaming for something else. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Can't wait to put a squirming baby in it, although it looks a bit large for a newborn.

Went to the local Fall Bazaar this morning. Sadly I left emptyhanded. I was expecting good deals, but everything I liked was over two hundred dollars. And I didn't feel like paying twenty for a tiny piece of parmigiano reggiano. I think that they jack up the prices for these things, thinking that we don't know any better and to cover exchange rates. Plus, I thought that artisans were to be the feature, but mostly it was representatives from larger stores and companies. Heck, they even had reps from cell phone companies! Oh, well, no big loss.