Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Doing the Twist

This is what I've been up to this past week:

This is the sweater I settled on for my new cousin, Sarah. It's the Heart-Motif Cardigan from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots. I would have been much farther along, but I had to frog the entire back. I had been tempted to try to carry the yarn at the color changes across the back. The result was puffy hearts, which I didn't like. So, this time I'm using a seperate ball of blue yarn between each heart. Lots of ends to weave in.


I'm having a blast knitting this up. Who knew that insartia could be so much fun. Usually I run from complicated patterns, but I want to stop doing this. My knitting needs to be more exciting!

The Basket Weave Pullover is making progress too. I've finished the back and am just about ready to start the neck shaping on the front. I'm trying to get as much of this done as I can. I have yarn on it's way to knit the Flower Basket Shawl and I know that once it's here, BWP is on indefinite hold.

Yesterday we had a great day. No major tantrums; just happy kids all around. Here's the boys clowning around on the couch. These two are hilarious together. All Reilly has to do is look at Connor, and Connor's laughing his little butt off. I have a feeling that once he's mobile, I'm going to have my hands seriously full.