Saturday, April 16, 2005

Necessary Distractions

Here's my pathetic progress on the BWP (Basket Weave Pullover).

I'm about an inch from the armhole shaping and can't seem to get there. I'd like to. I know that once I bind off a few inches, it'll start to go quicker. Yet, I can't. See, the thing is that I'm bored. The thrill of the pattern has worn off and I am no longer amused by it. What to do, what to do.

I tell you what I did: casted on for Branching Out. Yup, you can see it right there, laying on top of BWP. Almost as if saying "Nyah nyah. She likes me better than you." The truth be told, I'm falling out of enchantment with this too. Sure, it's beautiful, but a bit repetive. I will finish her and move on back to the grey blob. That is, until I get bored again and find something else to occupy my mind.

In other news, I did a little bit more dyeing on Friday.

I absolutely, positively love how this yarn turned out. It may just be me, but I adore how variegated yarn looks all wrapped up like this. The colors pop out and you can get a good sense of how well they work (or not) together. It's already been wound into ball, though, waiting patiently for me to turn it into a wonderful pair of socks. It may not have to wait long.