Friday, June 10, 2005

I Can't Stop

Spinning is all I want to think about. Have I mentioned how much fun it is?

I spun some more of the wildberry and plied it up last night.


The one on top is the latest one. Notice that the yarn is more consistent and plied a bit better. It's also much thinner. I have about 185 yards in 45 grams. I think that would qualify as fingering weight, which is what I was aiming for.

A closer look at the difference

Next up I wanted to try Navajo plying. Um, either I need lots and lots more practice or I'm doing something wrong. Okay, I know I need to do it a bit tighter, but should I be able to see the chain(?) that is produced when I pull another loop through?


Then there's the Summer of Lace Knitalong. New yarn couldn't be justified, nor could books or patterns. So it's onto the stash. Lucky for me I have some 1500 yds or so of white Zeppyr just sitting there waiting it's turn. I should have plenty of this yummy stuff leftover for a scarf later on. Stephanie's Snowdrop Shawl has been on my "to-do list" for quite some time, so it was quickly casted on. This one is sooo easy. I had the pattern memorized after the first repeat-smooth sailing!

Other fibery things are happening in my head, I just have to do something with them. I'm contemplating dyeing some roving, casting on for a doily and finishing some things. Well, good thing it's a weekend...