Monday, June 13, 2005

A Much Needed Escape

Yesterday I packed up myself and Connor into the car and headed east for a little day out. We left Reilly and Royd at home so that they could spend some quality daddy and son time together. I also needed a break from the ever-trying toddler phases we are going through.

Onto Kathleen's we go! Oops, I terribly overestimated how long it would take to get there, so we were way early. Anyway, once they were all ready to go, we drove into town to go to a arts and crafts festival. Kathleen and I were hoping that we might find a little fibery goodness. The closest we got was some felted flowers. Oh well.

Often times I don't think about things that will make awesome pictures for the blog, so I don't have any from the festival. But we did remember to take some as I was leaving.


I hope that I don't look this dorky all the time! Just look how big Connor's gotten!

I had a great time and look forward to getting together again, soon.

I finished the Waving Lace Socks a few days ago. I like how they turned out, but could have made them just one centimeter longer on the foot. My big toe is just a tad tight.

I want to cast on for another sock, but can't decide which one. Maybe I'll wait until I get my sock pal's info.

Still knitting away at the Snowdrop Shawl. Each row is taking a good five minutes, and I'm only halfway through the repeats! I'm trying to be good and not drag my other lace weight yarn out and play with it.