Thursday, July 21, 2005

Playtime

Thanks for everyone's comments to my last post and the "problem". I'm glad to see that I wasn't overreacting; sometimes I do that.

The past few days have been long, to say the least. Royd is trying to go to the promotion board next week and has been doing performance evals on all of his guys. What this means for me is that he isn't getting home until late (8:00 last night) and I haven't received my usual break in a few days. To top it off, he has Staff Duty tonight. This is a 24 hour shift for those not in the military. Now I'm just tired. So instead of doing the laundry and other much needed housework, I'm taking the day off. Other than making lasagna (yum) and some picking up of toys, nothing will get done. I gotta take it easy, right?

I finished up the cabled socks yesterday morning. I'll show them off once they're done blocking. In celebration, I started a pair for myself.


This is some of the yarn I picked up in Nurnberg. I've been dying to see how it works up, but had to wait for my 2.5mms to be free. Need to purchase another pair or two next time at store. Fun stuff-I'm not usually a huge fan of the self-patterning yarns, but this one's a keeper.

There's been some spinning this morning too. I finished the olive roving and I figure I've got about 300-350 yards in all. I've been pretty anxious to try out the light weight spindle, but made myself wait until the latter was finished. All I can say is "WOW!" It spins great, goes forever and makes spinning a fine yarn so much easier.


Sorry it's not the best picture, but it shows what it needs to. That's a length of Jaggerspun next to it for comparison. It's going to take forever to spin an ounce of two-ply.

Okay, I'm going to the mailroom to see if I got anything fun.