Monday, January 02, 2006

Playing Catch-up

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that the holidays found you happy and with people you love.

Sorry to have dropped off the planet for awhile, but blogging just wasn't a priority for a few weeks. Honestly, there wasn't even that much to talk about. But with my mom now gone and Royd going back to work tomorrow, life will be getting back to normal.

This past weekend was pretty quite and allowed me to get some knitting done for what seems like an eternity.


Reilly's socks were finally finished,

and a pair of Jaywalkers are almost finished for me.

There was also a Knitted Helmet Liner, but for some reason the photo isn't uploading correctly, so I'll try again another day.

Christmas presents this year resulted in lots of knitterly goodness

There may be more, but we haven't gotten all our packages yet.

Can we just say that I'm in Heaven, I love new books, especially ones that are informitive and interesting. But my main present, hasn't even shipped yet. It's backordered and I have no one to blame but myself. If I had just picked up the phone one day earlier, it would be here by now. I guess I can wait. Oh, yeah, I have no choice...

In reading other blogs, I've noticed that many people are making resolutions. Not here. That's just saying what I won't be doing this year. Instead, I'd like to make a few goals:

  • more colorwork
  • finish an adult sized sweater
  • stash smarter (note I didn't say stop)
  • spin with a project in mind - limited to only one
  • finally get rid of the two bins of acrylic that I'll never get around to knitting charity items with

See? Not unrealistic. I can do these. And if I miss one, oh well, they were only goals!