Thursday, February 16, 2006

Jake

Pattern: Jake from Rowan Junior

Yarn: Cotton-Ease, Cherry Red-2 1/2 skeins

I know I said that a certain other sweater would be done first, but I really got into this one and just wanted to finish it. With a model as cute as this, can you blame me?

This was a nice easy knit and my first time working with Cotton-Ease. Now I understand why everyone was upset and went into hoarding mode when it was discontinued. It knits up lovely and is a great substitute for All Seasons Cotton. If you have the pattern book, you may notice that the sleeves are different. They're suppose to have a reverse stockinette block in the middle of them. I only didn't put them in because I kinda forgot and then decided they looked fine without. I made the 2-4 year size so that he can grow into it. Actually it fits quite well except for the sleeve length because he's so chunky!

Here's two more pictures:

All the roving I ordered a few weeks ago is here and I'm back into spinning mode. Needless to say, I think I've got plenty to keep me busy for awhile. Between both orders it came out to be 5 pounds. I ended up with Cotswald, a lamb and alpaca mix, Columbia, Shetland, merino and silk, and house wool mix. I can't wait to try out all of these fibers to see how they behave. But first I need to get some of the Maple Sugar out of the way.