Monday, February 27, 2006

RIP

Samus is no more. Sadly, she will not fit. For two days I have been in denial, but cannot hold out any longer. Yesterday I tried her on after multiple attempts to get the sleeves right and I knew it wasn't meant to be. Again today I tried her on hoping for a better fit (the entire i-cord edging now complete) and was sadly disappointed. The blasted thing fits over my huge belly with room to spare and the shoulder seams are about two inches farther down than they should be.

Dang! Dang! Dang!

And I can't rip it out and make the next smaller size. That one will never fit across my chest. Oh well, I'm sure I can find another pattern that will make me just as happy.

To soothe my loss, I'll be concentrating on this little number:

Yup, after several previous false starts, Mariah is on the needles and is working out splendidly. The finished size of this one is much closer to what will look good (and fit!) so it's full speed ahead!