Sunday, October 17, 2004

Check It Out!

Knitting Goddess
You appear to be a Knitting Goddess.
You are constantly giving and are unconcerned with
reward, you simply want others to love knitting
as much as you do. If someone wants to knit
miles of novelty yarns, you are there for them.
If someone wants to learn short row shaping,
you can help. There are no taboos in knitting,
only opportunities to grow. Everyone should
have friend like you around if they want to
learn to knit, and there's a good chance that
your passion has rubbed off on a few others.
http://marniemaclean.com


What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Ha Ha! I don't think of myself as a goddess, of any sort. I guess I just checked all the right answers. I'd like to think of myself as an intermediate knitter, having only been doing it for 2+ years. There's so much more that I'd like to learn, but hey, I can brag.

Slow is the word for the past few days. I've been jumping back and forth between projects and not really making progress on any of them. Well, three are almost done, I just need to crack down and finish them.

I'm trying my hand at designing my own sweater too. I have some beautiful thick and thin yarn that is screaming at me to knit with. After searching for the right pattern for three days, I've come to the conclusion, that it doesn't exist or is hiding from me. In actuality, it's a very simple pattern- a raglan with a cowl neck. The problem is in the detailing and gauge. So, I'm swatching and doing math like crazy. This is my first attempt at such a major project that I feel I may end up discarding it. Hopefully I won't, but don't be surprised if you never hear about it again.