Saturday, October 09, 2004

Clapotis Finished


Yeah! Isn't she beautiful? And look, another one already on the needles!!! I was looking for a variegated pink yarn, but couldn't find one that I felt suited the recipient, so a solid pink will have to do. I can't say who it is, it's a surprise.

A Very Harlot Poncho won out. I'm using TLC's Amore and I'm loving it. I'd show you a picture, but there's not much to see, except a burgundy blob. So far I've gotten about 8 inches done.

The baby blanket is showing progress too. Only 4 more squares (I think) and then I can put it all together. Still not sure about the sizing, I don't want it too big, but not too small. I guess that I can always add onto it, being that I ordered enough of the yarn to do a full size blanket. Or, I'm thinking that I could make a sweater and hat to go with it. Seriously, I need to stop thinking about more projects!

And yes, there's more knitting news! I started the Felted Diaper Bag. I was going to use my lonely skein of Noro for the large pocket, a green for the sides and handle, and dye some purple for the body. But, I'm not sure if I'm liking the combo all that much. Now, I have an idea to go ahead and order two more skeins of the Noro to do the other pockets and some coordinating blue for the body. I would just dye the blue, but koolaid isn't making a nice enough color for me. I'm going to have to think about this project some more.

So, what am I going to do with all that wool I do have? Well, I'm thinking of some Sophie bags for XMas. Ugh! Will I ever stop? Probably not, even though I need to.