Thursday, October 14, 2004

My SP Rocks!!!

I was really hoping that the package waiting for me at the PO was documents concerning my car purchase. Delightfully, it wasn't! Instead my SP surprised me with a ball winder!!! I'd love to show a picture, but I'm waiting for the batteries in the digital to charge and couldn't wait to post. Thank you, SP, you're awesome.

So what do you do when you're bored with all of your current projects? Why, you start a few more! Yes, I am crazy. I casted on for the Dazzle Ribbed Sweater using the Gedifra Dandy I purchased awhile back. I'm still not sold on the colors of this yarn. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful, but I'm not sure if it's me. I've gotten into the second ball and am letting it sit there for me to mull over for a few more days. Then, I went stash diving and found some cranberry and mossy green yarn to make a hat, mitten and scarf set for Reilly. It's getting a bit chilly, and he'll need them soon.

I have made progress on other stuff too. Clapotis II is awaiting finishing and blocking. Sophie is waiting for me to dye some more yarn to finish the handles. Wouldn't you know it, I ran out again. Baby blanket is seeing the finish line, if I ever sit down and knit the last two squares.

Now, I have to find a pattern for a scarf that suits the 17 yo babysitter. I had a hard enough time figuring out what colors she likes since all she ever wears is black. Yeah, I could have done black, but the poor girl needs some color in her life! And I've thought of two more Xmas presents that I'd like to do. One I'm going to put in my hospital bag to work on after I deliver and waiting for them to let me go home. I remember that with Reilly, I was incredibly bored. I know some people try to nap, but I couldn't ever get comfortable enough. The other, I'm in search of yarn to do it.

Speaking of baby, I had an OB checkup on Tuesday. I've already started to drop and "soften". Next week I get to start the weekly trek to the Wurzburg hospital to see the real OB. I just hope that when I do go into labor, they don't tell me that they're full and I'll have to go to the local Krankenhaus(sp?). As wonderful I hear German doctors and nurses are, I really don't want to spent 7 whole days trapped with them. Yes, that's not a typo, 7 days. I mean, unless you have complications, why do you need to be there that long?