Thursday, October 07, 2004

Stalled Progress

Clapotis should have been finished last night. What happened? Well, I did one too many repeats and ran out of yarn! I only need to do three repeats on the decrease rows to be done. Yeah, I could tink out the rows, but that's too much work. So, I'll have to go back to the yarn store and get more. Do I have ulterior motives? YES! I've decided to do another Clapotis for someone else. This time I'll pick a yarn that works up at a larger gauge though, so it'll take less time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what poncho to do. I'm torn between Loretta Lynn, FCEK's Turtleneck poncho or Yarn Harlot's. The problem is that I don't know if I want a turtleneck or not. Decisions, decisions...

Actually, not alot of knitting has been going on. The other night I woke up with severe cramping on my right side. After I got comfortable again, I was able to fall back asleep. But the next day my back hurt, it even hurt to breath. Figuring I might have pulled something, I took it easy. Yesterday, I felt better, but my left side was now bothering me. Today I feel like nothing ever happened. It's strange what being pregnant can do to you.

Now, I have this sinking feeling that the baby is coming sooner rather than later. I have this panicked feeling to get things done in preparation. So, I went to the Commissary and bought tons of diapers and baby supplies. Included in the trip was enough dry and canned food to last several months. My reasoning is that if the baby comes early, there will be enough food, so that no one has to go to the store for me, except for cold stuff. With Royd not being here, I'm getting panicked. I also worry that FIL won't be here when I go into labor. I can just see it now: me running up and down the stairwell, ringing doorbells at three in the morning. Actually, it kinda makes me laugh a little.

I guess I'm a little obsessed right now. I even picked up extra stuff for my next SP package, just in case. I just hope that this feeling subsides a bit, so I can concentrate on other things.